- Buying Guide
- Best Home Pull-Up Bars
- 1. Garren fitness Maximiza fitness pull up bar
- 2. Ikonfitness pull up bar
- 3. J/FIT Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar
- 4. Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Doorway Pull Up Bar
- 5. ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar
- 6. Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar and Portable Gym System
- 7. CHENNAO Power Tower Exercise Equipment Durable Adjustable Multi-Fucdy Power Tower w/Dip Station & Pull Up Bar Push-Up Station and Wide Grip for Home Fitness
Are you a fitness freak training hard to have muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger? Are you taking extra care by staying at home and also want to get physically fit in this hour pandemic?
The remedy to all your problems has come and you can train almost all your muscles. The product that we will talk about will target the muscles in the upper torso in as little space as that of a standard door case using home pull-up bars. The idea and concept are old but the technology has revolutionized.
Home pull up bar is a must-have for great bodybuilding. You don’t need to go out and pay for an expensive gym membership. All you need is a home pull up bar that proves great for a variety of exercises that keep you physically active and healthy. So if you are looking for some fine home pull-up bars, you have come to the right place. This article will be providing you with every bit of information about the product of different types.
We will be honestly reviewing all those products and provide you a fair share of knowledge before you can also make up your mind to get one of these for your home gymnasium.
Looking a little into more detail about the product, so people the people for whom this thing is completely novel can have an idea. A Home pull-up bar refers to a fitness tool that is employed to strengthen mainly your upper torso. Starting from the hands, shoulders down to your lower back. You use it by gripping both the hands on the bar, hanging and extending your body, and then gently pulling your body upwards with all your strength in your arms.
While doing the pull-up exercise almost 23 muscles are used. Just imagine how utterly amazing and healthy it is to make those muscles strong and that too at home without you getting up and going to the gym. Now all you have to do is grab your favorite pull-up bar, install it in your home, and work out comfortably at any time of the day.
Benefits of pull-ups and other core exercises
- While it is a great workout, it not only tones your body but also;
- Strengthens your back muscles and spine
- Improves arm and palm muscles strength
- Great for shoulder joint mobility
- Strengthens your core
- Makes your legs strong
- Great for alleviating symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Improves overall health and fitness.
If you are feeling like adding equipment to your home gym, the first tool to select is the Pull-up bar. Its price, usage, and installation simplicity makes it unique for selection right with the word go. The above advantages don’t limit the scope of its usage and it can be used for a wide range of exercises keeping most of the bones of your upper torso in action to attain every possible benefit.
You can do all the weight training and different sort of exercises by even custom designing equipment to suit yourself but for pull-ups and chin-ups, you have to have a pull-up bar.
If you are in the need to add a pull-up tool to your home gym, then this buyer’s guide will help you pick some of the best equipment keeping in mind all the requirements. This guide will tell you what to look for in a pull-up/chin-up bar to ensure safety and security and a great time doing exercise.
First and foremost, you need to know where to buy this tool from, google will provide you with buying sites such as Amazon or eBay or go visit your local stores of Walmart or Big5 to have one of the suitable pull-up bars from a wide range of products that best serve your needs and if you may accommodate that indoors.
The different kinds include wall or ceiling mounted and door frame mounted amongst the home pull-up bars.
Choosing a Pull-up bar
The fundamental requirement of a pull-up bar is very much convenient to pull up your body using your hands supported by arms and shoulders. Besides that value for money, product quality, and fitting indoor space constraint or any specific requirements or expectations are something you have to look for before making a decision.
Types of pull up bars
There is a wide variety of available pull-up bars and you have to look for if your selected bar fits in the available indoor space without hindering your life in any way.
All the different kinds of bars are discussed at length for their positives and negatives respectively to make it easy for you to make a choice.
Doorframe pull up bar
The kind mainly includes simple to install and assemble and then slide in a standard door frame and that’s it. Some bars include added safety and security by adding brackets and screws during installation to support more weight on the bars. Its low price tag and ease of installation are big positives. Taller people and those interested in wide pull-ups might not find the type of bars helpful which are its negatives.
Don’t miss our review of the best doorway pull up bars this year.
Wall-mounted pull-up bar
Wall or ceiling mounted pull up bar is pretty much the same except in the wall-mounted the bar is bolted into the wall. Note that the bar should be approximately 15 inches apart from the wall for proper operation. You can brush your knees during a workout if the distance between the wall and the equipment is less as it will hinder your mobility. One thing that makes it fall short is that it requires professional drilling into the wall for its proper fortification.
This type is one of the leading kinds of home pull up bar with versatility. It has multiple handles that give you multiple holding areas. This is very easily relocated as it does not require permanent fitting. While buying this type you need to make sure its dimensions and measurements are according to the measurements of your doorframes.
The exceptional pull-up bar has to be the power towers. These bars do not require drilling or bolting. Its popularity is due to its easy installing and the wide variety of exercises it offers. However, its minus is that it moves when the weight limits it provides exceed. Moreover, they are a bit costly.
You do not need to buy the world’s most popular and expensive pull-up bar to carry on with your fitness regimen. All you need to know is what equipment suits you best. What kind of gripping position you want and, how safe the tool is and how much weight it can hold. This review will hopefully guide you in finding the top rating pull up bar so that you don’t have to sign up for the gym and comfortably work out at home.
Best Home Pull-Up Bars
1. Garren fitness Maximiza fitness pull up bar
What you are looking at is one of the finest yet simplest home pull up bars that too is under 100$. It may appear plain and simple, its versatility and strength surpass all the pull-up bars.
Garren fitness Maximiza pull up bar is a 27.6x2x2 inch and 2.2 pounds tool. Which is going to leave you surprised with its easy installation. It is a great addition to your home fitness room. It is safe as the body is made up of tough chrome steel which renders great security when you are using it.
It provides tough door mounts to ensure safety and also offers flexibility in moving and adjusting the height by using the different screw indoor mounts. Furthermore, it fits quite well in the standard doorways. If installed with the supplies provided, it gives a very sturdy and easy to grip.
If you are worried about the hand sore then don’t be, because the outer part of this pull-up bar is lined with long foam which provides a strong and easy grip. Talking about the multipurpose, Garren fitness Maximiza pull up bar can be used not only for pull-ups but also crunches, sit-ups, pushups, and the likes. Note that the maximum height and weight for an average stationing are
300 lbs / 136 kilogram for a heavy-duty door mount whereas for medium-duty door mount it is, 150 lbs / 68 kilograms
2. Ikonfitness pull up bar
Get fit with Ikon fitness pull-up bar which will help you transform your body by staying home for just under 50$.
Ikon fitness takes exercise to a next level, as this pull up bar does not require assembling, you just need to fix it correctly into the door frame, that’s how easy its stationing is.
It is manufactured for wider doorways that have a maximum width of 92 cm and a depth of 21 cm. it also has a bar that is raised which serves people with tall heights. It provides a tenacious grip as it has soft foam covering to take care of your palm skin.
Not only has this it has strong stability when fixed in a door frame as it is made with heavy-duty and durable material. It also comes with cushion padding to the sides to prevent any damage to your door frames and is easily foldable. Be sure that the weight limit does not exceed that recommended which is 200kgs.
3. J/FIT Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar
Next up we have a J/FIT deluxe doorway pull-up bar which has everything you need in a pull-up bar for your home gym yet again under 50$. It is 2.5 x 27 x 2.5 inches long and designed for wider doorways and can fit into 40-inch door frames.
It comes with rubber brackets to secure your door frames. Not only this, but it also offers multiple uses such as pull-ups, chin-ups, crunches, sit-ups, and the like. It comes with adjustable handgrips that can be moved according to the user’s comfort and safety. Moreover, its height can easily be adjusted for different exercises or as desired.
If you need help with mounting this pull-up ball, watch this video:
One thing that makes it different from other pull-up bars is that it extends from one end only which makes it even more substantial and safe. Another thing that is wonderful about it is that it can be adjusted to a safe height to be used by children for gymnastics.
4. Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Doorway Pull Up Bar
The ultimate body press wall mounted doorway pull up bar weighing 9 ounces is one of its kind, it comes with gymnastic rings that are sold separately which provides more ways of core exercise. It has a 36 inches bar that can fit on 24 to 30-inch doorways.
It requires king studs to keep itself sturdily mounted to the wall that runs down towards the floor. It provides you with three different positions for gripping. Also, it is manufactured in such a way that it provides 4.25 inches distance between the tube and the wall which provides easy gripping and.
Also, angels provided by this tool are such that it is way more natural which prevents elbow and wrist sprains. In short, it is your best shot to meet all your gym needs.
5. ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar
Trying to find an affordable pull-up/chin-up bar to get that brawny and healthy body? Then ProsourceFit Multi-Grip Pull-Up/Chin-Up is your best shot. It weighs about 11 pounds and measures16 x 41.2 x 9 inches, has 12 different handles that provide several multiple workouts including hammer and close grip exercises.
It is made up of very fine quality steel which makes it durable and can hold weight up to 140kgs. It gives you a cheap way to shape your body and build your physique while staying at home, and that doesn’t require huge or bulky apparatus with the suffering of setting it all up.
The ProsourceFit Multi-Grip bar slides and locks into any strongly built standard 24 to 36 inches doorcase. It comes with a ‘j’ bracket which allows you to fix it permanently into your doorframe. In short, Prosourcefit is worth the price.
6. Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar and Portable Gym System
Yet another home pull up bar to add to your home gym which is just under 50$. This pulls up bar, is outstanding owing to its transportability and compactness. It weighs 9.26 pounds and measures 15 x 38 x 14 inches and can be easily converted according to the needed exercise as it is multifunctional. Keeping in mind the safety of the user’s hand’s skin, it is padded on the handles and has three gripping positions that allow easy handling. It is also very suitable to be used in smaller places as it is portable. It can be secured with the door frames with the doorcase guard and adjustable body to ensure security. It can hold up to 300lbs weight which is a plus. It also comes with thick padding to the areas where you hook it with the door frame to protect it from damage. So if you are a person who is pretty much concerned about the doorway damage then you can think about it. Another plus point is that you don’t need screws and bolts to drill to fixate it. You don’t want to miss this one.
7. CHENNAO Power Tower Exercise Equipment Durable Adjustable Multi-Fucdy Power Tower w/Dip Station & Pull Up Bar Push-Up Station and Wide Grip for Home Fitness
CHENNOW is one of the leading freestanding power tower home fitness equipment. It provides multi-functionality, if you need to target your overall body muscles then CHENNAO is your best pick. It renders 6 adjustable heights to meet
the needs of a user, moreover, it gives comfortable holding areas and has an ergonomic design. It is suitable for heavyweight as it remains fixated to one place, has suction cups that prevents the movements.
You can do various core and body strengthening exercises, it supports all of them. This equipment is manufactured with high-quality steel which supports weight up to 150kgs. Can also be used by children for gymnastics, it is very safe due to its rigid and tough built. All these features catch the attraction of a buyer even more.
Read Also: Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
Is home pull up bars safe?
Yes, home pulls up bars are safe to use provided to take a few precautionary measures. Use the manufacturer manual for adjustments.
Can pull up the bar break door?
Home pull-up bars come with a thin frame that ensures the safety of your door frames, however, there are always few special cases where it has damaged the doorframes.
How do you keep a pull-up bar from damaging the door frame?
Try cushioning the areas where the bar touches the doorframes to prevent friction caused by rubbing. Also, avoid heavy swinging as it also causes rubbing and hence damages to the doorcase
How much weight can a doorway pull up bar hold?
Usually, a pull-up bar has a limit of holding 300lbs as it is can be attached to the doorways so any weight more than that can not only damage the doorcase but also can cause injury hazards.
Can pull-ups be done every day?
Doing pull every day is totally fine as it is a great core workout that targets several muscles and makes them strong so feels free to do them every day.
What height should a pull-up bar be?
The height of a pull-up bar can be adjusted just according to the nature of exercise and your need. However, you need to be very careful about the heights as it can cause injury
Can you get a six-pack by doing pull-ups?
For you to get six packs you need to do work out that targets your abs muscles, every exercise would not necessarily give you abs.
To conclude the whole article we can say that exercise is great and if you bring the setup home that too in this hour of a pandemic is a win-win and this article has all the answers to your queries. There are many types of pull-up bars for indoor usage and over the years different companies have added many products to all these different categories. The simplest and cost-effective are the doorcase bars that provide the basic functionality of pull-ups and chin-ups but have their limitations and constraints beyond these exercises.
More complex door case bars tend to provide you more liberty with making a possible additional set of exercises but raising the price tag. The point which makes these bars unique is that you may install and uninstall them instantly thus it won’t affect a very limited indoor space. Then come to the wall-mounted or the ceiling-mounted pull-up bars. They provide you with extra space and liberty to perform your exercises but you have to physically embed them in-wall or ceiling which require a minimum necessary strength in them respectively to get screwed and bolted.
Before you go, take a look at these amazing models available on Amazon right now:
- 【Multi Function】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back...
- 【Ergonomic Design】Humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest of this dip station is slightly inclined towards the inside 10 degree to prevent the elbow from slipping off.
- 【4 Gear Regulation Height】The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 64.56" to 88.18", suitable for all adult fitness needs at home, office.
- 【7-Position Adjustable Backrest】7 adjustable holes(1.2"-6.7") in the supporting tube, back cushion of power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the people size.
- Turn over and place on the floor for situps, pushups and dips; padded handles ensure correct form, and provide comfort
- Portable gym that can be used as a doorway pull up bar or turned over to perform situps, pushups, and dips; 300 pound weight capacity
- Wide grip curved ergonomic handles offer three grip options for wide, close, and hammer grip pullups; padded handles ensure comfort for situps, pushups, and dips
- STURDY CHROME PLATED STEEL BAR: Train like a pro with the tough and secure exercise trainer supporting tough workouts. When mounted properly, the fitness bar holds up to 220 pounds giving you full...
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH: Easily adjust this exercise bar so you can take your fitness on the go! Adjustable length (24. 5 to 36 inches) provides a customizable workout.
- COMFORT GRIPS: Minimize risks of calluses or hand cramping with padded handles. Non-slip extra-long foam grips for extra comfort to minimize hand fatigue. Put the door bar lower to the ground and use...
- MAXIMUM STABILITY: Includes weight bearing brackets for maximum stability during your chin-ups and non-weight bearing brackets for sit-ups. Fits into any standard door frame
- EASY STORAGE: Set up in seconds in almost any doorframe and easily store away in a closet. Adjustable length (24. 5 to 36 inches) provides a customizable workout for your home and body.
- 【EASY TO USE and SAFETY】 Door frame pull up bar uses leverage but not drilling or screws to hold against the doorway, so there is no damage to door. Flexible adjustment to attach to any standard...
- 【VERSATILE TO ENHANCE UPPER BODY STRENGTH】The bar can be used as a doorway pull up bar or turned over to perform situps, push-ups, chin-ups,and dips,target multiple upper body & core muscles....
- 【HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION】 Thickened high grade steel pipe that's built to last, and holds up to 220 pounds. Double Lock catch and fixed position base prevent dangerous rotation loosening....
- 【COMFORTABLE GRIP】Soft touch with thicker absorbent foam outer and tear-resistant lining. 6 non-slip grip positions comfortably perform wide, narrow and neutral-grip exercise. Multi-point...
- 【BEST GIFT & SERVICE】Pull up bar is absolutely the best fitness gift for the most active guys you know, you don't need to go to the gym, turns any doorway into a personal gym. You could exercise...
- 💪【ERGONOMIC ANGLED GRIP & MULTI-PURPOSE】Angled grip design ergonomic angled end to help protect wirst.Length of the upper bar 39.17 inch,making it perfect for shoulder width pull ups and width...
- 💪【NO INSTALLAION NEEDED & EASILY STORE】 No installation,no screws,no drilling,no trace.Ready for immediate use.Heavy-duty pull up bar for doorway stainless steel construction for max stability...
- 💪【LARGE HOOK & ADJUSTABLE PADS PROTECT DOORFRAME】MUSCOACH exercise bar is non-screw design.more durable stability,Newly surface redesigned with large hooks and thick foam pads can prevent...
- 💪【FITS AlMOST SIZE DOORS】Our door pull up bar for doorway can fit almost all doors,even doors in the corner.MUSCOACH chin up bars can fit a door width of 27.5”- 36”and depth of 4.72" to...
- 💪【100% SATISFACTORY SERVICE】If you are unsatisfied in any way with this pull up bar,we will refund your money or give you replacement for 90 days,no question asked.Kindly remind that please...
- Capacity Up To 660lbs: The rod of FLYBIRD pullup bar is made of 3mm thick stainless steel tube and net weighs over 5.5lbs, which is heavier than most other similar products. In order to increase...
- Comfortable Integrated Grips: Compared with the separate style of the handle, our upper bar provides more choices for the mobile space of the hand. You can move your palm and adjust the movement...
- Portable Home Gym: Our home gym bar allows you to perform a variety of upper body strengthening exercises, such as pull ups, chin ups, leg and knee raises, hanging crunches, and L-sits. Safe workout...
- No Tools Installing: There is no need to drill this horizontal bar into the wall or door frame. All you need to do is extend it to the right length, set it at the desired height. It can be extended...
- Reliable Customer Service: Customer satisfaction is the service tenet of our brand, no matter what issue you have, we will help you to solve it until you're satisfied. Please contact with us if you...
Read Also: Best Parkour Gloves