You might have thought what shoes are good for parkour? Choosing shoes for a particular sport can be a difficult task because it requires specific qualities that must be present in them and which only an expert can tell you. Here we have listed at such eight conditions to look for next time so you can choose parkour shoes yourself without the help of an expert.
- How to Choose Parkour Shoes?
- 1. Go for Flexible Sole with Average Thickness
- 2. Select Light-weight Shoe
- 3. Always look for a Breathable Air Mesh
- 4. The grip of Shoe must be Good
- 5. Arch Support, Flexibility, and Cushioning should be appropriate
- 6. Select Minimal Shoes
- 7. Durability should be a minimum of 6 months
- 8. Go for normal Cost
Parkour is an extreme sport, so you must be wearing such shoes that would help you run faster, have a better grip, and are shock-absorbing. Also, shoes must be durable and have good quality.
These are essential points because even when review experts from our team try tyoo review any shoe, they look for these qualities first. Each of the points is noticed, and then based on points, we calculate an overall rating for each shoe, and then we create a list to share with you.
All of the reviews we share with you are un-biased, and our team members test each product. So, if you are wondering about the quality of any shoe, mention it in the comments, and we will review it for you or check our already list of best parkour shoes.
Now let us talk about those qualities
How to Choose Parkour Shoes?
If you do not like reading long content, take a look at our infographics
1. Go for Flexible Sole with Average Thickness
The first and most important thing you will be looking for is the sole of the shoe. When you land, you should be able to feel the ground. For this, the sole of the shoe must not be skinny and must not be very thick. Although soft and thick may have a cushioning effect, but you may lose your balance, which you would never want to lose. It is because if you are unable to adjust your correct position, you would also be not able to correct parkour moves.
The sole of the shoe must be in one piece. Some of the bottoms are usually glued below shoes, often to look beautiful and with no other benefit. So, If the tread has joints or designing is in such a way that it has many separate parts, then they will tear off with time, especially when you will be running or jumping on hard pavement such as asphalt.
Flat soles are great for parkour, make sure it has ridges in it so you can have enough friction. Pattern along the length of the shoe is okay, but If they are along the width, then there is the danger that they will rip off while performing intense exercise.
In short, it is better to choose a sole, which is in one piece and is thin enough that you can feel the ground when you land.
2. Select Light-weight Shoe
The weight of your shoe must be light. Although parkour shoes are a bit heavy as compared to regular footwear. But you should try to get shoes as lightweight as possible. Otherwise, you won’t be able to jump high as you will feel something pulling you back. When you wear shoes, you should feel like it has become a part of your body. You should not need any effort in lifting your feet. Such a shoe will be the right choice for you.
3. Always look for a Breathable Air Mesh
Most of the people forget this point while buying a parkour shoe. It does not matter in which climate you live in if you are performing an extreme sport, Air Mesh should be present in your shoe. When you are running, air mesh allows air to pass to your feet. Also, it avoids the odor from producing in your shoes.
While choosing parkour shoes, make sure your footwear has breathable mesh so it can keep your foot cool and dry. You should keep this point in mind when choosing parkour kid shoes because their feet need much more air than of adult ones.
4. The grip of Shoe must be Good
You have seen ridges on the tires of your cars, have you ever wondered what they are for? These designs are there to provide friction between your body and the ground. Usually, barefoot shoes have a good grip and it would be an injustice not to mention Merrell trail glove 4 which is especially meant for amazing grip.
When you are running or jumping from a building, friction must be present to avoid tipping over when you land. Otherwise, you will move forward on landing if there is no friction between your shoes and the ground.
Make sure that the sole of the shoe is not entirely flat and has a vertical design or ridges on it.
5. Arch Support, Flexibility, and Cushioning should be appropriate
It doesn’t matter what; you can never compromise in the comfort of your feet. Make sure that sure shoes can cover your ankle and are comfortable.
Falling is frequent while practice, so a little bit of flexibility will prevent you from having damage. The flexibility of the soul should also be in between because a hard sole will become an obstacle on uneven ground.
While running, arch support must be present in your shoes. Otherwise, wearing shoes for just 10 min will cause pain in the sole of your feet.
If you are a beginner, you can go with shoes having good foam density. In contrast, We will suggest you choose shoes with less foam.
6. Select Minimal Shoes
Minimalist shoes in our experience are much more comfortable than regular running shoes. Avoid heel, but if you want it, then it is up to you as it does not matter that much. Although the flat sole will help you to feel the ground below your feet without any effort.
7. Durability should be a minimum of 6 months
Check for the rubber quality at the bottom of the shoes as well as the material on the top. Minimalist shoes are more durable; that is why we recommended them above others. Durability comes with a cost, and if you are looking for cheap shoes, you will get synthetic rubber shoes. Such shoes usually don’t last long. If possible, get leather shoes with a rubber.
The rubber of the shoe must not be affected by sunlight or moisture. It should be made with such material that performs well on rocky or wet surfaces. It should be able to keep your feet moisture-free.
8. Go for normal Cost
Compromise or Compensate, the cost can be an issue for some people. That is why we have created a list of best parkour shoes within affordable prices. Most expert parkours buy shoes at average price because if you regularly do the sport, you will have to purchase 2-3 shoes per year. If you are scared of the price then you might like to check cheap parkour shoes.
It is recommended to buy average cost shoes with all the other qualities that are mentioned above. It is because, if you run daily with your shoe, its sole will not last more than six months, it doesn’t matter how expensive it is that shoe. So try not to put too much burden on your pocket and choose parkour shoes for an average price. The best example of these normal cost shoes is Asics Gel-Venture 6.
Example of a Perfect Parkour Shoe
In short, you have to choose parkour shoes that have low weight, thin soles so you can feel the ground below you with maximum responsiveness, minimum cushioning, breathable mesh, a good grip, arch support, flexibility so you can do parkour on uneven ground, maximum durability and all of that at a very affordable price.
When buying your next shoes, try to keep all the above points in your mind. If you have any questions regarding parkour shoes, you can leave them in the comment and our team will try to answer it.
Here are some of our recommendations for the best parkour shoes. Check it out:
- Rear foot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- MEN'S RUNNING SHOES: Molded pods offer multi-surface traction. Pods flatten on impact then spring back at toe-off creating a piston effect that delivers responsive cushioning.
- ATHLETIC SHOES: Soft foam midsole delivers lightweight, responsive cushioning. Underlays in the vamp and toe tip offer support and structure for a comfortable ride.
- CORE PERFORMANCE: Minimal in design running shoes. Full-length rubber outsole provides durable traction and cushioning to run longer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE: No-sew overlays along the midfoot and eyestays provide durability while keeping the shoe lightweight. Single-layer mesh upper for optimal breathability.
- NIKE MEN'S SHOE: Imported, synthetic and rubber sole
- AMPLIFOAM TECHNOLOGY MIDSOLE: Engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running.
- REARFOOT GEL BRAND TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- ORTHOLITE SOCKLINER: Moisture management (ORTHOLITE is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- For speed training.
- Lightweight natural fit: Updated materials, now lighter with better breathability and more room for toe splay and a pure feel.
- Flexibility: Meta-flex technology allows natural flexing in the forefoot and the new Adapter web cradle lacing system holds your foot secure in the shoe- both ensuring the shoe moves naturally with...
- Grip: The 3mm outsole composed of inov-8’s patented sticky rubber compound and designed with maximum surface area coverage provides minimal disjunction between foot and surface.
- Durability and Protection: Updated 360 degree Rope-tec delivers traction and durability on rope climbs while the Italian blown rubber toe bumper provides protection.
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper delivers complete breathability
- Foam padding placed around your ankle collar & under the tongue for an incredibly comfortable fit & feel
- High rebound, die cut EVA sockliner built with extended arch support
- One piece Micro G foam midsole turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
- Minimalist Barefoot Style Design - achieve your physical fitness by simulating the true barefoot feeling. For barefoot style shoes new user, please took time to get use to this healthy feeling...
- Wide Toe Box Safety Design - upgrade toe shoes design, without the separate slots for your toes. Set free your toes as real "barefoot style (a natural stride)" to invoid hurting toes when use.
- The tongue-less design - foot fits through a collar-like opening to slide into the shoe. Tighten shoeslace (army green shoes come with unique elastic lacing system) to enjoy lightweight "second skin"...
- Removable Exclusive Arch Support Insole (Zero Drop Style) - gives you enough support to help you strength and exercise your own muscles and bones (provide less support than common running shoes).
- Indoor Activities-gym deadlifts, squats, lifting, treadmill jogging, yoga, spinning bike, rope skippingaerobics, fitball, hotball, abdomen back stretch, and working out in general Outdoor Activities-...