Buying the perfect and the best tennis shoes for walking on concrete can be a confusing procedure for some. After all, it is expected from a good pair of shoes to last long. Hence, it becomes important to have in-depth knowledge regarding the types of shoes and the purpose for which they will be used before buying a pair.
Tennis shoes are specific kinds of shoes that help maintain a good balance and movement while also helping prevent injuries like a sprained ankle. Hence, even though they are merely called ‘tennis shoes,’ they can be used for a lot of other purposes, even walking on concrete!
Top 5 Best Tennis Shoes For Walking On Concrete In 2023
1. STQ Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes
STQ Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes is one of the most affordable pairs of good-quality tennis shoes for walking on concrete. It is affordable while also being comfortable and functional.
• Comfort: This pair of tennis shoes are very comfortable to wear. It has great insoles that are cushioned. This makes it a comfortable and perfect pair for different types of day-to-day activities. The shoes are also lightweight and do not put pressure on your feet or legs. Along with that, the pair is made from a breathable material, which makes it all the more comfortable.
• Long-Lasting: These shoes are durable and are made of very flexible material, which allows for good movement while playing, running, or walking.
• Range of colors: Besides being practical in nature, this pair of shoes comes in a variety of different colors and patterns. This makes it suitable for every type of customer.
Affordable: STQ Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes are an affordable shoe option for anyone. They are of good quality and durable.
Kundork Store’s Ladies Tennis Shoes
Kundork Store’s Ladies Tennis Shoes are some of the most affordable, versatile and best tennis shoes for walking on concrete. They are comfortable and have a great and adjustable fit, which makes them a good option for different women.
• Good fitting: These shoes have a good structure and design that allows them to fit well. It is a pair that is easy to put on and take off. It has softer and padded insoles and a well-fitted slip-on closure which makes the shoe securely in place.
• Comfortable: The shoes are comfortable, and one can easily wear them all day without feeling uncomfortable. Besides this, the Mash and the padding make it soft to wear. The shoe also has good flexibility, which allows it to have good movement.
• Lightweight: The shoe is not made of heavy materials, which can fatigue one’s legs. The lightweight material of the shoes makes them a perfect choice for walking, running, or playing any sports like tennis.
• Wide variety of colors: One of the most striking features of these shoes is the availability of various solid colors that it comes in. One can choose from a wide variety of colors while buying a pair.
BOGOVER Men’s Walking Shoes
BOGOVER Men’s Walking Shoes are a good pair of shock-absorbing and flexible shoes which are perfect for walking on various surfaces, including concrete. Besides this, they are also affordable and come in a wide range of neutral colors.
• Clean look: These shoes have a very clean look that can suit various styles of outfits. This means that besides being functional in nature, these shoes are also stylish. They do not have a lot of embellishments, but they give a very simple look and are also available in a wide variety of colors.
• Breathable: Due to the upper knit of the shoes, they are very breathable. This ensures good circulation of air within the shoes and prevents excessive sweating of the feet, making the shoe-wearing experience a lot more comfortable.
• Lightweight: These shoes are made of light material with memory foam making them lightweight and also more cushioned.
• Flexible: These shoes are very flexible and can be folded easily without them breaking or tearing. This gives a great user experience as one can perform a variety of tasks while wearing shoes.
Feethit Mens Slip On Walking Shoes
Feethit Mens Slip On Walking Shoes are one of the most stylish pairs of tennis shoes fit for walking on concrete. They are very comfortable and do not cause hip and back pain even while used for walking on concrete floors.
• Flexible: These shoes have a very elastic rubber sole which makes them very flexible. This flexibility makes the shoe perfect for activities like walking, running, or even playing sports. It also provides for shock absorption and keeps one stable.
• Non-slip: The rubber sole also helps in preventing the person from slipping. The shoe has a good grip over various surfaces, including concrete. This makes it easy to walk on such surfaces without falling or wearing out of the shoe.
• Breathable: As the top part of the shoe is made of mesh, it makes the shoe more breathable. This leads to less sweating as well as helps in the temperature management of the person who is wearing the shoe. This also allows a person to wear the shoes for a longer period of time without having to worry about being uncomfortable.
• Heel and toe protection: Walking on concrete can be a bit difficult when one is wearing shoes that do not protect one’s heels and toes. These Feethit shoes have good memory foam and soft insoles, which aid in protecting the toes and heel of the person wearing them.
BELOS Women’s Breathable Walking Tennis Shoes
BELOS Women’s Breathable Walking Tennis Shoes are very simple-looking shoes but very functional at the same time. They check all the boxes of things that are expected from a good pair of shoes fit for walking on concrete.
• Comfortable Insoles: The insoles of these shoes are made from foam which keeps the shoes soft from the inside and makes them comfortable to wear. One can thus wear these shoes for a long time and not get sore feet.
• Easy to slip on: These shoes have a simple design that allows one to wear them easily by just slipping them on. One can then tie the shoelaces to make the shoes fit perfectly.
• Non-slip: The outsole of the shoes is made from Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate, which provides for a rubber-like feel and prevents a person from slipping. Besides this, the EVA material also allows for more flexibility in the shoes.
• Breathable: Just like most good shoes, these pairs of shoes also have a breathable upper lining which allows for all-day comfort.
It is important to keep some basic factors in mind before buying any new pair of shoes. Following is a comprehensive list of features that one should look out for in a new pair of tennis shoes that one requires for walking on concrete:
Before buying any shoes suited for physical activities like walking, running, and playing, it is important to ensure that the pair is flexible. A shoe’s flexibility allows it to move freely without any discomfort or wear and tear in the shoe’s material. It allows for overall movement durability.
One should ensure that the shoe is comfortable before buying it. This is because shoes are something that is meant to be comfortable so that they can be worn during activities like running, walking, jogging, etc. A comfortable pair of shoes is beneficial when one has to wear them for a long time. One should be able to wear that pair of shoes for the whole day without feeling uncomfortable.
To ensure the comfortability of a shoe, one should focus on its insoles and the material used to make it. A lightweight and padded shoe is going to be more comfortable for day-to-day activities than a shoe made of rigid and heavy material.
It is important for a shoe to be durable to ensure that it can last for a long time and can be used for various activities like running, walking, hiking, and playing sports. Durability can be ensured by focusing on the material of the shoe as well as the brand.
Most durable shoes can be a bit expensive as compared to shoes that are not durable. But, if one is looking for good tennis shoes that are fit for walking on concrete, spending a bit more is not a bad choice.
Heavier shoes can cause fatigue when worn for a long time. This is because they put more stress on a person’s legs and feet. Hence, while buying shoes that one wants to wear for a longer time, it is advisable to go with lighter shoes made of durable materials. This can ensure durability as well as longevity. Lightweight shoes are also more comfortable to wear.
Shoes specifically needed for walking on concrete surfaces need to have some protective features which can help one in saving themselves from injury. To ensure protection, one should look out for shoes that have good insoles, are made of durable materials, have good resistance against falling, and provide some form of special protection to one’s heels and toes. Having flexible shoes also helps to protect against injuries.
Buying shoes can be tricky, but with good guidance and a good range of selected options, the process can become a lot easier and faster. One can easily pick a pair suited to them by analyzing and comparing a few necessary criteria according to one’s needs and expectations. These criteria can be the comfort level, the durability of the shoe, the material of the shoe, its weight, and its fit.
Besides this, one should be open to trying out new brands because everyone has different needs and comfort requirements which can be met by shoes of different brands, styles, and materials. But one should also keep in mind that buying a good quality and durable pair of shoes is always advisable over buying low-quality shoes which can wear out easily. Hence, one should try to maintain a good balance between utility, affordability, and durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can tennis shoes be used for walking?
Yes, absolutely since tennis is a far more taxing physical activity than walking and as these shoes can handle the shock as well as wear and tear caused due to playing tennis, they can also be used for a simple activity like walking. Though some tennis shoes can be less durable, good quality tennis shoes can be opted for walking.
2. Are cushioned shoes good for walking?
Yes, cushioned shoes can be good for walking, but it depends on the amount of cushioning. Shoes that are highly cushioned are not needed for walking; evenly cushioned shoes are more preferred. Evenly cushioned shoes also help in reducing the impact of walking on hard surfaces like concrete.
3. Can you wear tennis shoes outside the courts?
Yes, specific tennis shoes can surely be worn outside of the tennis court and be used for activities like walking, running, jogging, cycling, hiking, etc. But it is advisable for people to opt for higher quality and more durable tennis shoes if one wishes to use them for other purposes too.
4. Can you use tennis shoes for everyday use?
Yes, tennis shoes that fit well and have a comfortable insole can be worn daily. Different styles of tennis shoes can be very versatile and even go with many different outfits. Besides this, they can be worn during different types of physical activities and provide good flexibility and grip.
5. What Is the Difference Between a Tennis Shoe & a Walking Shoe?
A simple walking shoe has more cushioning as compared to a standard tennis shoe, but it also has less traction and resistance to falling as compared to a good tennis shoe. With new models of both types of shoes coming into the market, a lot of the differences between both types of shoes have been reduced, and many pairs which provide the benefit of both types of shoes have become popular.