Standing for all day long on a hard concrete floor will exhaust your legs and entire body. Many jobs need you to stand for long periods on hard concrete surfaces, which can be awful.
Wearing the proper footwear may considerably lessen the pressure on your feet and lower legs while providing all-day comfort.
Here are some of the best women’s shoes for walking on concrete for long periods; we hope you like the shoes we suggest!
List Of 12 Best Women’s Shoes For Walking On Concrete:
1. Brooks Addiction
These shoes can provide you with the comfort and padding you need whether you have severe joint pain or walk or stand on solid or concrete floorings.
This footwear will also enable you to walk by adjusting your body coordination reducing back, knee, or joint stiffness.
- The shoes have the extra softness and shock absorbers at the back and front.
- If you are looking for cushioning in the shoe and having a more comfortable fit, these shoes will work best for you, and also it is made of good quality leather.
- The cushioning present in the shoes helps improve the blood circulation in the feet and reduces the discomfort of the feet due to the presence of foam at the bottom.
- It is ideal for people with discomfort in the knees, hips, or back and girls with flat feet.
2. Merrell Women’s Encore Breeze 4
Merrell shoes are stylish and classy outdoor footwear. Its shoes are way too comfortable and long-lasting enough for the people who used to stand and walk a lot daily or are involved in such professions as doctors, nurses, chefs, etc.
- Merrell shoe outsole has outstanding grip and holds on the concrete surfaces, making girls walk on concrete floors easily.
- It has good grips on the shoes’ outsole, making it slip-resistant and making waking safe on wet surfaces.
- The middle of the sole has the cushion as a base to provide padding to the feet.
- These shoes are super comfortable and soft, making them more enjoyable to wear all day long and locks the feet’ smell due to the presence of odor management.
- It is available in your favorite colors, black, brown, and white, to add more style to your outfit.
3. Rockport sidewalk expression
Rockport shoes are strong and are made of breathable material, which is airy enough to soak up the stress of the feet.
These shoes are so comfortable and allow the movement of toes inside them. You can wear them daily as they are casual and classy.
- The material used for making the shoe is a breathable material that adds extra softness to the shoes.
- These shoes also relieve the stress of the feet and protect your feet from outdoor injury.
- The presence of thermoplastic material in the midsole provides support and strength to the feet.
- The breathable netting material dries up fast, and it’s easy to wash. Also, the outer sole is made of rubber which makes it long-lasting.
4. Crocs mercy
Crocs are a high level of comfortability, and it is primarily used throughout the food and healthcare sector. They are designed for women looking for comfort and support, as these shoes have enough space for fingers to move.
- These are pretty big in size and have enough space for fingers to fit in comfortably.
- It is a must-buy for you if you have regular work to walk on the hard floors as these are specially designed for such work areas.
- These shoes have a slip resistance grip below and prevent slipping on wet surfaces.
- The shoe’s inner sole has tiny soft nubs that gently massage the feet.
- The straps present in the shoes give support to the ankle and arch.
- It is the best fit for people suffering from inflammation of joints or muscles of feet to try this one.
5. Dansko Patti
Dansko shoes are known for making comfortable pairs of shoes. These shoes are beautiful, and you can wear them the whole day without causing any distress to your feet, particularly walking on hard concrete surfaces.
- It is made of Dansko DNA components, which help keep your feet, legs, and back healthy.
- The outsole is made of rubber which gives a good base at the bottom, and you can rely on these shoes for good performance.
- It has waterproofing, stain-resistant material sealed in the shoes, and breathable fabric on the upper side, which permits the airflow in the shoes.
- The base is thick and well-cushioned, which helps relieve the distress and tension of the feet.
- It is easy to wash, and the insole can be removed. These shoes are available in three colors: black, brown, and maroon.
6. ASICS Cumulus
Asics Cumulus is a unique latest addition within this range of walking shoes and is ideal for running or stepping on rough and concrete floors every day without any problem.
The strong rubber sole absorbs shock on hard and uneven floorings and provides excellent gripping and friction.
- These shoes are so comfortable that you can wear them regularly and give your feet free movement inside the shoes, and keep them dry.
- The shoes have a gel-based midsole that absorbs the stress of the feet and provides relief.
- You can wear them at nighttime also as they have tiny mirrors on the upper side of the shoe for night visibility.
- These shoes are lightweight and too comfortable to wear all day long. Also, with this range, they have all the desired colors.
Buyers Guide For Best Shoes For Walking On Concrete
Once your previous shoes got damaged, you might purchase a new one and do not want to spend too much money. Let us have a look at some of the things you should keep in mind when looking for your next pair of shoes.
It can be tough to select the best shoes for walking on concrete instead of being ready to try them on. We have put together a thorough purchase guide to make everything as simple as possible.
Whenever you grab a pair of shoes, you naturally want them to be comfortable. There seem to be numerous factors to consider. The first factor which is important to look for is the breathable material or mesh.
Mesh becomes essential when your job is in a sunny environment, you live in a hot area, or you simply have foul-smelling feet. Mesh allows your soles to breathe while also spreading air across the shoe.
While you put on footwear, the insoles are something that your foot rests on. It would be best if you also consider insoles while buying shoes.
Whether you are wearing those shoes for fifteen minutes or eighteen hours per day, you would like a comfortable and soft insole.
When it relates to insoles, always consider extra cushioning or manufacturer technologies as your feet rest on it all day long.
Another feature of a shoe that gives comfort is gore. You have probably seen a pair of shoes with a tiny stretchy black cloth patch on the backside of the shoes having a tongue-like appearance. That’s what gore is, and so it allows for some versatility.
However, this is not a must-have element for everybody, and it does provide the shoes with a bit more coziness.
It is also important to have good airflow and dryness to keep your feet fresh and odor-free.
Many shoes are required to include strain-absorbing or water-resistance characteristics.
The arch cushioning and padded heel will help relieve foot pain while wearing shoes for a long time.
When looking for a pair of shoes perfect for walking on concrete, the style might be something to think about. We recognize that appearance is not everything, but this does play a role.
As you can see from the article, there are many styles of shoes, and they are designed in such a manner so that they can be used or worn up either for work, vacation, or exercise. They are usually informal in appearance and go with a variety of clothes.
It would be best to think about whether you want the shoes to have lacing or trim whenever it comes to appearance since slip-on do not have laces and will go with a specific outfit only.
Shoes with laces can look more elegant but also, the shoes that do not have laces appear good as well. Style is more about preferences than anything else, just like any other form of apparel.
Stability is an essential factor to consider while walking on hard floors. You are probably on your feet over several hours each day; in such cases, the bottom of a shoe provides most of the stability.
You might want to seek a pair of shoes with slip-resistant features based on your work.
Always try to look for rubber or synthetic soles as much as possible. These offer the best stability and might even help proper body movement.
Steel-toed shoes can provide additional stability if you intend on wearing the footwear in an environment with a lot of heavy machinery.
Finally, support is something to keep an eye out for when searching for new shoes. Getting good quality, supportive shoes is a game-changer. It will keep your feet from being tired and avoid future joint pain.
Support might mean the difference between a restful night’s sleep and a restless night’s sleep. The collar of such shoes, and the cushion, usually provide support.
While you may always add insoles later, it is advisable to save money and get a pair of shoes that offer excellent support right away.
Durability is an essential factor to consider if you want footwear that will last longer. If you use your footwear for just a few seasons, and then they wear out within a few months of use, it is a waste of money.
All you need is a pair of durable shoes capable of accompanying you for long periods. That will save you a considerable amount of money because you would not have to buy new shoes whenever old ones started breaking.
The shoes on our lineup have been the best women’s shoes for walking on concrete and are hand-picked to satisfy all of your requirements. It is not easy to walk on concrete, but it becomes convenient with the help of a good pair of shoes.
As a result, the shoes on the list offer qualities such as foam insulation, cushioning, great fit, softer insoles, strong composition, lightweight, and, most importantly, adequate space to allow free movement of fingers.
Each of these shoes guarantees good quality and excellent muscular support. This also provides excellent comfort to users who are used to standing for long periods.
Q1. Is It Problematic For Your Feet To Stand On Cemented Floor?
Ans. Standing for a long duration on hard floors, such as cemented surfaces, can cause more than simply foot pain.
You will notice a lack of stability over time because the bottom of the shoes does not bend as a foot does and causes pain in the feet. Make sure you wear a shoe with a supportive arch and cushioned insoles.
Q2. Is It Permissible For You To Run On Concrete In Your Running Shoes?
Ans. Yes, you certainly can. Just be conscious that your regular running shoes have good quality materials composition if you walk or jog on concrete. Check for additional protection in the shoe’s neck, sock liner, and heel.
Q3. Does It Matter If You’re Walking Or Standing On Polished Concrete Or Not?
Ans. There is not much of a difference. That is not even close to being as good as unpolished concrete.
If you are used to walking or standing on a polished cemented floor for a very long time, this can harm your feet and the entire body.
Q4. What Are The Health Consequences Of Walking On Concrete?
Ans. Standing or walking on a concrete floor for a long time can affect the blood circulation in the lower legs. There are chances of mild swelling around the ankles.
This is not even taking into account the pain it can cause in both muscles and bones.
Q5. Why Do Your Feet Hurt When You Walk On Concrete?
Ans. Concrete does not allow any movement. It is stiff ground, and it does not provide any support to the foot’s movement. And thus, the hard impact of the floor to the base of the feet causes pain.
If you choose to walk on gravel or grass rather than concrete, it can assist you in avoiding getting sore muscles all over your body.
Q6. How Can You Extend The Life Of My Work Shoes?
Ans. The shoe inner side is the first portion to wear out. You may prolong the life of your shoes by replacing the insole. Look for cuts-resistant outsoles. These can be found in a lot of walking shoes.